Production companies from Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States were honored as Grand Award winners at the New York Festivals TV Programming & Promotions and Film and Video Awards 2007 ceremony held at Manhattanâ€™s Broad Street Ballroom Friday, Feb. 2nd. Winners were selected from entries submitted from 41 countries around the world.
The Grand Award honorees are:
BEST ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM: INTERNATIONAL TV PROGRAMMING AND PROMOTION
- ORF Austrian Broadcasting Corporation, Vienna, Austria and Frames filmproduktion GmbH: Das Eis bricht: Breaking Ice - A mother and fatherâ€™s relationship cannot withstand the emotional conflict as their two children, lie in comas from which their doctors do not expect them to awake.
BEST CHILDRENÂ€™S/ YOUTH PROGRAM: INTERNATIONAL TV PROGRAMMING & PROMOTION
- The Australian Childrenâ€™s Television Foundation Enjoy Entertainment, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia: Mortified - An irreverent, affectionately told story about a misfit on the verge of adolescence and her retreat into a rich, imaginative inner world of surprising yet, reality-anchored adventures.
BEST NEWS PROGRAM INSERT: INTERNATIONAL TV PROGRAMMING & PROMOTION
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation; the fifth estate: Rogue Agent - An original investigation into the high-profile contract murder hit NHL star Mike Danton took out on his agent. *CBC ALSO WON THE NYF TELEVISION BROADCASTER OF THE YEAR AWARD.
BEST INTERNAL USE: INTÂ€™L FILM & VIDEO
- THE EDGE PICTURE COMPANY LIMITED, LONDON, ENGLAND: HIT OR MISS (NETWORK RAIL)- An expansive safety campaign designed to attack complacency, keep staff alert, and above all, eliminate serious injuries and fatalities on Britainâ€™s rail infrastructure. * The Edge also won the NYF first-ever Production Company of The Year Award.
BEST INFORMATION PROGRAM: INTERNATIONAL FILM & VIDEO
- WE TV, NYC: VIETNAM NURSES WITH DANA DELANY - Heart-wrenching stories of young women who served on the front lines in Vietnam. The program reveals the harrowing experiences that destroyed their innocence and continue to haunt them today.
BEST PUBLIC RELATIONS: INTERNATIONAL FILM & VIDEO
- TEAMWORX TELEVISION & FILM GMBH, POTSDAM, GERMANY: JUST IN TIME (DHL CORPORATE FILM) - Links unlikely partners to near impossible tasks. Case in point, John Graham Ashton, a secret agent, faced with saving the world and planning a wedding in eight days.
BEST SALES PRODUCTION: INTERNATIONAL FILM & VIDEO
- KLAUS E. KÜSTER WERBEAGENTUR, FRANKFURT, GERMANY: MASTERWERK (MASTERWERK (DR.ING H.C. F. PORSCHE AG) - A symphonic performance as finely tuned and impeccably conducted as the intricate, groundbreaking technology of the new 911 Turbo Porsche. The sum of their parts produce a true opus.
"At a time of a great proliferation of awards events, the longevity of The New York Festivals is noteworthy," said company CEO, Jimmy Smyth. "Celebrating our 50th year is an important milestone. We look forward to many more years of honoring the most creative international work in film, video and television documentary, and programming production, print and TV advertising."
ABOUT THE NEW YORK FESTIVALS: Now celebrating its 50th anniversary, New York Festivals (NYF) is an International Awards Group (IAG) Company. Recognizing The Worldâ€™s Best Workâ„¢ in advertising and programming, IAG and its sister shows, AME, Globals and Midas, honor creativity in global communications through eight annual competitions. NYF now has representation in more countries than any other media competition. For further information visit: www.newyorkfestivals.com