New York, NY – January 12, 2023: New York Festivals® TV & Film Awards announced the 2023 Grand Jury.
The 2023 Television & Film Awards Grand Jury is populated with 170+ international broadcast and film industry executives and storytellers representing 26 countries from around the globe. These world-class content creators are respected for their creativity and dedication to excellence. The 2023 Grand Jury panel’s impressive reputation and diverse areas of expertise across all platforms ensure that each entry will be judged thoughtfully with the utmost of attention it merits.
“We look for wide experience, demonstrated achievement and geographic diversity in our jury members as a way of quantifying fairness in the selection process. All of our Grand Jury members volunteer their time and are award winners themselves,” said Rose Anderson, SVP, Executive Director, New York Festivals TV & Film Awards.
Emanating from some of the most prestigious and respected companies worldwide, these leaders champion innovative storytelling in news, documentary, entertainment, sports, and corporate image. The impressive roster of companies our jurors represent include BBC, Al Jazeera, GloboNews, ESPN, CBS Sports, Terra Mater Studios GmbH, National Football League, Mediacorp Pte Ltd, Telemundo Streaming Studios, Channel NewsAsia, Deutsche Welle, GMA Networks, The Walt Disney Company Latin America, The Edge Picture Company, NHK, Media Zoo, Radio-Canada, Final Frame, ZDF, ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation, Fuji Television, beIN SPORTS and SP Televisão S.A.
Just a few of our many prominent 2023 Grand Jury Members:
- Marita Bittencourt, Editor, GloboNews - Brazil
- Arlene U. Carnay, Vice President, Public Affairs, GMA Network - Philippines
- Matt Creasey, EVP, Sales, Co-productions & Acquisitions, Banijay Right - USA
- Debbie Cuell, Executive Producer & CEO, Sparkle Pictures - Australia
- Victor Glynn, Producer, GCB Films - United Kingdom
- Shitij Kumar Gupta, Senior Executive Producer, NDTV - India
- Melanie Haft, Managing Director & Head of Production, nautilusfilm GmbH - Germany
- Jacob Hickey, Head of Factual/Producer, Blackfella Films - Australia
- Jo Johnson, Development Executive, South Pacific Pictures - New Zealand
- Manuela Kasper-Claridge, Editor-in-Chief, Deutsche Welle - Germany
- Brian M. Lockhart, Senior Vice President, ESPN+ Original Content and ESPN Films ESPN - USA
- Masakatsu Kasai, Managing Executive Officer, Member of the Board, Executive Producer Tohokushinsha Film Corporation - Japan
- Jodain Massad, Director, Development & Innovation, NFL Films, National Football League - USA
- Alex Paquin, Chief Executive Officer, Zerotrillion - Netherlands
- Juan Ponce, SVP & General Manager,Telemundo Streaming Studios - USA
- Phil Rees, Director of Investigative Journalism, Al Jazeera - Qatar
- Dawn Reese, U.S. President, Mediabrands Content Studio - USA
- Jessica Soho, Broadcast Journalist, GMA Network - Philippines
- Steve Songalia, Director, The Edge Picture Company Ltd - United Kingdom
- Andre Takeda, Head of Creative Services, The Walt Disney Company Latin America - Argentina
- Judith Vecchione, Senior Editorial Advisor, WORLD Channel GBH - USA
- Ellis Williams, Director/Producer, Original Programming, CBS Sports - USA
View the 2023 NYF TV & Film Awards Grand Jury, HERE.
The NYF TV & Film Awards Grand Jury members view all entries during judging panels to determine a score based on industry specific criteria. Juries determine Gold, Silver, and Bronze Trophy Winners. The top-scoring entries are honored with the Grand Trophy. Special Industry Awards honor Broadcaster of the Year, Production Company of the Year and Program Promotion Team of the Year.
The highest scoring documentary across the Climate Change & Sustainability, Environment & Ecology, and Nature & Wildlife categories earns the prestigious WaterBear Award, a partnership between the free streaming platform dedicated to the future of our planet WaterBear Network and New York Festivals.
New York Festivals Television & Film Awards celebrates innovative storytelling from around the globe and honors content creators whose compelling programs reach international audiences. The competition’s 65-year legacy provides a showcase of exceptional work across all genres of entertainment media.
To enter the 2023 Television & Film Awards competition, view entry details and competition rules and regulations visit HERE. For a complete list of 2023 categories, visit HERE.
Entries are judged online and screened by NYF’s TV & Film Awards Grand Jury panel of producers, directors, writers, and other creative media professionals from around the globe. Award-winning entries will be showcased in the TV & Film Awards winners gallery.
All 2023 award winners will be celebrated at the NYF Storytellers Gala taking place on April 18th at the 2023 NAB Show Centennial in Las Vegas. This is the 13th year of New York Festivals strategic partnership with NAB.
Award-winning entries will be celebrated at the NYF Storytellers Gala taking place on April 18th at the annual NAB Show in Las Vegas. This is the 13th year of New York Festivals strategic partnership with NAB.
To view the 2022 TV & Film Awards winner’s gallery visit: Winners.
About New York Festivals: New York Festivals ® Celebrating the World’s Best Work since 1957
AME Awards ®
NYF Health Awards
TV & Film Awards
About NAB Show
The 2023 NAB Show will be held April 15-19 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. NAB Show is the world's largest and most comprehensive convention encompassing the convergence of media, entertainment, and technology. NAB Show is where global visionaries convene to bring content to life in new and exciting ways.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America's broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.